Coronado V-NAS Global Access Point
Coronado V-NAS Global Access Points translate existing file-based protocols such as SMB II/III, NFS, SFTP as well as iSCSI directly to cloud storage. Coronado V-NAS Global Access Points are stateless and communicate with the Coronado V-NAS Global View Manager for all file, directory, Windows ACL and other global requests. When a Coronado V-NAS Global Access Point is deployed, all that is required are the bucket/blob credentials and the endpoint address to the cloud storage. The Coronado V-NAS for Enterprise ships standard with two Coronado V-NAS Global Access Points and a Coronado V-NAS Global View Manager. Additional Coronado V-NAS Global Access Points may be purchased when required and can be added to your existing environment in less than 30 minutes.
Coronado Global Access Points may be placed generously around the corporate environment in single or multiple locations. Similar to Wi-Fi access points, these appliances may be positioned in high traffic environments or where data needs to be segregated from the rest of the enterprise. The Coronado V-NAS Global View Manager manages all Coronado V-NAS Global Access Points into a single namespace, saving all file data to cloud storage. Coronado V-NAS Global Access Points also integrate with Active Directory or LDAP, adding corporate authentication and access control to your cloud storage environment. All enterprise locations may simply map a drive letter from Windows or Linux/Unix/Mac environments for easy access to the global namespace.
Coronado V-NAS Global Access Point Features
The Coronado V-NAS Global Access Point has been designed around the BridgeSTOR high performance Cloud Storage File System (CSFS) and comes standard with SMB II/SMB III, NFS 3/NFS 4 or SFTP support for easy connectivity with Windows or Linux.
Key features of the Coronado V-NAS Global Access Point include:
- SMB II/III & NFS support: Easy application integration with existing systems.
- Single File Instance: Only one copy of a file will be kept in the cloud storage. This is an optional feature.
- File Compression: Data may be compressed prior to being sent over the wire, saving transmission time and disk space in the cloud storage. This is an optional feature.
- Version Control: Coronado V-NAS Global Access Points support file versioning by tracking deleted or modified files and creating versions of these files in a local or global Recycle Bin. Windows users may use “previous versions” to recover a file while NFS users may easily walk the Recycle Bin to locate and recover their files.
- Active Directory and LDAP integration: Fully compatible with Microsoft Active Directory or LDAP for user and group authentication.
- Local Disk Cache: Coronado V-NAS Global Access Points allow frequently accessed files to be kept in local disk cache for accelerated file recovery and reducing cloud storage access fees. An internal cache policy frequently monitors the disk cache and when the disk cache is close to being filled, will automatically remove the least accessed files. The cache also permits file pinning, ensuring that important files will remain in the disk cache. There is no charge for disk caching and the disk cache size may be defined by the Coronado V-NAS Administrator.
- Network I/O Acceleration: Maximizes performance when using limited bandwidth.
- ProtectedCloud™ Security: Coronado V-NAS Global Access Points provide XTS AES-256 bit Military Grade Encryption. Encryption is performed locally and remains encrypted when sent over the wire and while residing in cloud storage. XTS encryption is a sophisticated multi-key encryption, guaranteeing two blocks of data containing the same data (i.e. two blocks of data containing all 0’s) will look different. The Coronado V-NAS Administrator creates and maintains the encryption key while the second key is generated by an internal algorithm and both keys are never stored in the cloud storage or by BridgeSTOR. If the key is lost, there is no way for BridgeSTOR to recover the data.
- Web-Based GUI: An easy “set and forget” GUI is included, allowing V-NAS Administrators the ability to add bucket/blog keys, end-points and cache monitoring.
V-NAS Global Access Point Benefits
- Ease of Use: Integrates with all existing file protocols with less than 30-minute install.
- Availability: Simple share mounting for easy access to cloud storage.
- Durability: All metadata and file data reside in the cloud storage for the highest assurance of availability.
- Stateless: V-NAS Global Access Points are stateless and may be deployed throughout the enterprise when and where you need them.
- Scalability: V-NAS Global Access Points may be added over time as your corporation or data grows.
- Security: Customer created encryption key using AES 256-bit Military Grade Encryption.
- Delivery Method: Virtual Machines in either a VHD or OVF format.
- No Capacity Charges or User Count Charges